FFf Eclectic Red Barn: Easter Decorating, but No Menu Yet!

Thursday, April 13, 2017

Easter Decorating, but No Menu Yet!

My husband said, "this window is falling apart". He was kind of right. The one side was not so bad, but it was the other side that caught my eye. When I picked it up however, the paint and part of the window was coming off in my hands. For $1.00 I had to have it. I love old windows.

Eclectic Red Barn: Old window, bunny and wire basket
I didn't want to clean it up because I thought it might fall more apart. Instead, I just use it as is.
Works for me! I decided to add it to a couple of other items for an Easter display.

Eclectic Red Barn: Old, old window with cast iron bunny and wire basket

In addition to the old window, I placed a cast iron bunny that I have had for many years. He seems to have a "strong air about him"!


Eclectic Red Barn: Cast iron bunny and wire basket

I thought the bunny would work well with the wire baskets I picked up at a garage sale. I saw these baskets beside some garage cans and asked if they were throwing them out. When they said yes, I asked if I could have them. They were old planters, so I took off the hangers and just used the base. Not sure what I am going to use the others for yet. Next project!

Eclectic Red Barn: Old wire basket with terracotta eggs

I filled the basket with moss from our Live Oak trees that I put in the freezer to kill the bugs. Next I added these terracotta eggs that I picked up a few years ago.


Eclectic Red Barn: Old window with book-page flowers

I draped a string of  book page flowers on the window. These were simple to make. I added some burlap strips in between the flowers for some additional color. Here is a closeup of the flowers.

Eclectic Red Barn: Book-page flower garland
I like how it turned out. Hope you do too!

Eclectic Red Barn: Old window, cast iron bunny, wire basket filled with terracotta eggs and flower garland


Easter is in a few days and I am as ready as I will be. Company is coming and my husband keeps asking me what is on the menu. I guess I need to work on that next. I am working on what's for dinner tonight, does that count?

Is your Easter decorating Done? Do you have your menu ready? 



Linking up to these parties:
Friday Features Linky PartyFuntastic-Friday-Link-Party-Thumbnail-150xHome Matters Linky Party - Grab ButtonRp share it one more time new logo with bird barb and i update.jpgHOVER TEXTPieced PastimesJoin Us Every Week for Mother 2 Mother's Sunday's Best LinkupThe Girl CreativeThe Creative Corner{nifty button}

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Your comments are special to me.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...